Nearly 2 weeks ago this Friday, Josh's Uncle John Davis was killed in Starkville. He would have been 51 next month. Uncle John did a lot for Josh and I while we were in school and continued to do a lot for us even after he and I left Starkville. Since part of Josh's territory is in Starkville & Columbus, Josh saw him on a regular basis. He was a man full of life and faith and those who knew Uncle John knew he always made everybody feel at ease and welcome.Not only did Uncle John radiate the light of Christ everywhere he went, he managed to photograph it as well. Below are 2 pictures taken by Uncle John. The first one is the sun rising over a lake with his motorcycle there in the foreground.
This one is of the sun rising over the Mississippi State University campus. Uncle John would get up early and walk/run down main street waiving those he passed along the way. Starkville always seemed like such a little town with him in it, but now I think it will just seem a little bit more empy.
Last Year, Josh and I read a book in Sunday School called One Month to Live. In the book it talked about your dash. In your life you have 2 dates, the date you are born, and the date you leave this earth. What's in the middle is a dash, or your life. I am positive Uncle John lived an awesome dash. I am honored I was a small part of that.
Uncle John you will truly be missed.
No comments:
Post a Comment