Friday, October 26, 2012

2 birthdays & Sweet Summa Time


The Davis family has been so busy, and I think we are finally slowing down!  Maddie Gray started swim team this summer, and she swims twice a week.  She's too little to go to meets just yet, but yesterday at practice she swam the length of the pool in 26 seconds and only came up for 1 breath!  I have to say, I'm one proud mama!

We also went to the beach with the Wigley family.  They have a little girl named Sarah Spencer that is Maddie Gray's age, so it was fun for her to have somebody to play with.  Mac loved the sand, but HATED the water!  He was pretty pooped out after his first day at the beach, so Daddy held him while he slept!


 Sleeping on Daddy, so Mommy could get some sun!


 Mac ate a handful of sand, but he seemed to enjoy it!


 Maddie Gray & Sarah Spencer


 My big sweet boy




Maddie Gray had been dying to have her birthday party at a football field, but 4 year olds, birthday cake, and a football field don't really go together, so I brought the football to her.  I decorated the house like we were at a tailgate, and I had tailgate food.  All the kids wore their favorite team jersey or cheer outfit.  I even had 2 sweet middle school girls come and teach a few cheers to the little girls!

 "Big" Sarah Spencer, Maddie Gray & Mary Brighton

 We had a second birthday party for Maddie Gray on her actual birthday where only family was invited.  This is a terrible picture of me, but it's really good of Josh & Maddie Gray, so I thought I would throw it in!  Boy do I look tired in this picture!  Maddie Gray was also in a wedding the following weekend, so we were all partied out!

 We took the kids to a pumpkin patch here in town too, since Josh would be leaving with the Guard soon, we wanted to cram as much in as possible!  They both had a great time, and so did we.  When Josh comes home we are going to "stick our hands in the pumpkin" & carve it!  Maddie Gray is giddy with excitement.

Finally, Mac celebrated his 1st birthday October 24!  I can't believe a year has gone by since my sweet man was born.  He's walking & will sometimes say Bye Bye.  He's gotten so big, so fast.  Josh wasn't home for Mac's birthday, so we are waiting to have the party.  I took these at my parent's house because I also had to put off his 1 year old birthday pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment